Located in Amsterdam-Noord, just a stone’s throw away from the city center (15 min), our 14-room boutique hotel and restaurant De Mark, in collaboration with Michelin-star chefs Richard van Oostenbrugge and Thomas Groot, offer a great place to work in one of the most beautiful spots known to The Netherlands. Low-key yet the place to be for both guests and team members alike. Don’t take our word for it, find out for yourself. We promise, the views will never get boring.
Who we are
We are an independent hotel with restaurant, and proud to be part of Aedes, an Amsterdam based property investor and hospitality company. How do we relate? Well, in short Aedes creates places that tell a unique story and have positive impact. Be it an office, a home or in our case a hotel. In De Durgerdam we believe in relaxed hospitality where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. A feeling of genuinely being cared for, carefully crafted by the art of anticipation. Here questions are always met with possibilities. ‘No’ does not exist in our dictionary and we like to go the extra mile for a smile, so that every experience is a memorable one. On top of that we try to do things a little better. Day in, day out, while having fun.
Rise and shine! Yet another day you get to work in one of the most beautiful spots known to the Netherlands at one of the best hospitality experiences around. You look forward to your rewarding (electric) bike ride to work (15 minutes) and once you arrive in Durgerdam, you take in the scenery just before you park your bike. You head inside and enjoy a nice cup of tea or coffee (freshly ground, the good stuff) while you prepare for the day by going through all the activities of the day (and the days to come) for the restaurant, events, and hotel. To ensure a smooth operation, you touch base with the Hotel Manager and Head Chef to get yourself up to speed so that you know how to perfect the art of hospitality for that day. In Dutch you would be called ‘a flying goalie’, as your role is one that assists in overseeing the entire restaurant and its operations, while learning on the job the hotel side and supporting the hotel manager in the day to day operations. More importantly, the wellbeing and development of the team, which comes with the territory of being the right hand of the Hotel Manager. After the daily brief with the team, service has started, and guests are arriving. You are together with the service and kitchen team rocking the restaurant service, while preparing arrivals and solve possible challenges across the restaurant and hotel. The vibe is ‘gezellig’ and people (both employees and guests) are having a good time, enjoying the food and the wine choices following your recommendations. It looks like you are doing your job well. Before you know it, it’s time to enjoy that bike ride home. But not before you check-in with the Hotel Manager to let him know how the day went. You look forward to tomorrow.
You in a nutshell
You bring your own personality to work and you share our passion for excellence. You are a good leader who likes working in teams focusing on the quality of service. You enjoy welcoming new people into our world and hearing their story. You don’t shy away from the serious issues, but you also want everyone to have a good time. You love to discover new things and have the know-how to adapt when necessary. You hold sustainability and hospitality close to your heart.
- Work closely with the Hotel Manager and the Head Chef to position Restaurant De Mark.
- Build a diverse and inclusive team together with the Hotel Manager and Head Chef
- Assist in managing the team and all operational service processes in the restaurant and Hotel.
- Empower, train and guide employees
- Share your wine, food and service knowledge with the team
- Compliance with hygiene regulations according to HACCP
- Ambition to grow into the role of a Hotel Manager of a small luxury boutique hotel
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in a similar role
- Have the ability to lead and develop a team in a busy operation
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch
- Good IT-knowledge (Microsoft Office, MEWS, Lightspeed, Annoncer)
- Strong knowledge in Wine (Sommelier certification is a plus)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Free parking
- Great additional benefits (incl. bike plan, 24/7 mental health, 100% travel costs reimbursement)
- Steep learning curve, possibilities to grow with us in our other upcoming restaurants and hotels
- Opportunity to work on a hotel and restaurant opening and to be part of a new brand
- Healthy and fresh food and great coffee
- You will receive all round trainings like barista, cocktail making, wine pairing and host and reception work to expand your knowledge