Located in Amsterdam-Noord, just a stone’s throw away from the city center (15 min), our 14-room boutique hotel and restaurant De Mark, in collaboration with Michelin-star chefs Richard van Oostenbrugge and Thomas Groot, offer a great place to work in one of the most beautiful spots known to The Netherlands. Low-key yet the place to be for both guests and team members alike. Don’t take our word for it, find out for yourself. We promise, the views will never get boring.
Who we are
We are an independent hotel with restaurant, and proud to be part of Aedes, an Amsterdam based property investor and hospitality company. How do we relate? Well, in short Aedes creates places wthat tell a unique story and have positive impact. Be it an office, a home or in our case a hotel. In Durgerdam we believe in relaxed hospitality where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. A feeling of genuinely being cared for, carefully crafted by the art of anticipation. Here questions are always met with possibilities. ‘No’ does not exist in our dictionary and we like to go the extra mile for a smile, so that every experience is a memorable one. On top of that we try to do things a little better. Day in, day out, while having fun.
Imagine getting on your (electric) bike and enjoying a great (15 minute) scenic ride to one of the most beautiful villages of the Netherlands. Once you arrive in Durgerdam, you prepare yourself for the day by having a nice cup of tea or coffee (freshly ground, the good stuff). After your moment of ‘me-time’, you get your team together to discuss the gameplan of the service ahead, how you can support them accordingly and catch-up with the restaurant manager to see if and where you can assist. You also think of how you can ensure a great working environment for the team to thrive in. During service you have eyes and ears everywhere. Whilst taking care of guests you naturally look out for opportunities to improve operational efficiency and perfect the art of hospitality. In the corner of your eye, you see that a guest just walked-in to check-in to their hotel room and you walk over to help them get settled in. We are hybrid like that. As time flies when you’re having fun, the service has ended and it’s already time to enjoy that great bike ride back home. Curious what tomorrow will bring.
You in a nutshell
You bring your own personality to work but you share our passion for excellence. You enjoy working in a team and motivating others. You enjoy welcoming new people into our world and hearing their story. You don’t shy away from the serious issues, but you also want everyone to have a good time. You love to discover new things and have the know-how to adapt when necessary. You hold sustainability and hospitality close to your heart.
- Lead and supervise the service team
- Assist the restaurant (hotel) manager and Head Chef in administrative tasks
- Ensure guests receive great, personalized service and create memorable moments for all guests
- Have good knowledge of the food and drinks we serve. We will help you learn everything you need.
- Check-in hotel guests, show them around the hotel and help them with any info they need of the surroundings
- Make sure there is a smooth guest experience form the moment they walk in, until the moment they leave (…and when they come back)
- As part of a new hotel brand you will play an important role in setting up the hotel with us. This might be in different ways, but means there is space to get to know other departments and increasing responsibilities.
- Preferably experience in a waiter/restaurant operations role or reception role
- You are passionate about service and hospitality
- You are fluent in English, additional languages are a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Fulltime/Parrtime/ 0-hour contract
- Competitive salary
- Free parking
- Great additional benefits (incl. bike plan, 24/7 mental health, 100% travel costs reimbursement)
- Steep learning curve, possibilities to grow with us in our other upcoming restaurants and hotels
- Opportunity to work for a new hotel brand with other projects in the pipeline
- Healthy and fresh food and great coffee
- You will receive all round trainings like barista, cocktail making, wine pairing and host and reception work to expand your knowledge