Night Shift Supervisor
An upcoming luxury boutique hotel and restaurant in the charming village of Durgerdam. Located just a stone’s throw away from the city center of Amsterdam (15 min), our unique lakeside hotel will have a restaurant in cooperation with a renowned Dutch chef, 14 beautifully designed rooms and various special features. We know that this isn’t a lot of information…but trust us…you want to be part of our opening team.
Who we are
We are an independent hotel with restaurant, and proud to be part of Aedes, an Amsterdam based property investor and hospitality company. How do we relate? Well, in short Aedes creates places wthat tell a unique story and have positive impact. Be it an office, a home or in our case a hotel. In Durgerdam we believe in relaxed hospitality where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. A feeling of genuinely being cared for, carefully crafted by the art of anticipation. Here questions are always met with possibilities. ‘No’ does not exist in our dictionary and we like to go the extra mile for a smile, so that every experience is a memorable one. On top of that we try to do things a little better. Day in, day out, while having fun.
For many, it is the end of the day, but for you, the night is young as you hop on to your (electric) bike. Before you know it (15 min) you arrive in Durgerdam, a mystical village by night with the cozy lighting and crickets chirping. You arrive to greet your team, who give you a handover of the day whilst you make yourself some tea or coffee (freshly ground, the good stuff). After a moment to land you begin your shift, overseeing the reception, checking everything and everyone is secure. Throughout the night you welcome guests back from their night out in Amsterdam. You get a late-night tea request which you lovingly make and bring to the guest’s room. Your night continues with some reporting and making sure everything is ready for your team. Before you know it, the sun is rising and crickets are replaced by birds chirping and your colleagues wishing you a good (day) sleep.
You in a nutshell
You bring your own personality to work but you share our passion for excellence and enjoy working in a team. You enjoy welcoming new people into our world and hearing their story. You don’t shy away from the serious issues, but you also want everyone to have a good time. You love to discover new things and have the know-how to adapt when necessary. You hold sustainability and hospitality close to your heart.
- Be a lovely host and ensure guests receive great, personalized service even at night
- Ensure the safety of the hotel guests during the night
- Make sure all-important reporting is done in preparation for the new day
- Manage in-room dining and housekeeping request throughout the night
- Clean and prepare restaurant and reading room for the next day
- You are passionate about service and hospitality
- You are fluent in English, additional languages are a plus
- BHV training or willingness to participate in the training
What’s in it for you?
- Fulltime/Parttime/ 0-hour contract
- Competitive salary
- Great additional benefits (incl. bike plan, 24/7 mental health, 100% travel costs reimbursement)
- Steep learning curve, possibilities to grow with us in our other upcoming restaurants and hotels
- Opportunity to work on a hotel and restaurant opening and to be part of a new brand
- Healthy and fresh food and great coffee
- You will receive all round trainings like barista, cocktail making, wine pairing and host and reception work to expand your knowledge