An upcoming luxury boutique hotel and restaurant in the charming village of Durgerdam. Located just a stone’s throw away from the city center of Amsterdam (15 min), our unique lakeside hotel will have a restaurant in cooperation with a renowned Dutch chef, 14 beautifully designed rooms and various special features. We know that this isn’t a lot of information…but trust us…you want to be part of our opening team.
Who we are
We are an independent hotel with restaurant, and proud to be part of Aedes, an Amsterdam based property investor and hospitality company. How do we relate? Well, in short Aedes creates places wthat tell a unique story and have positive impact. Be it an office, a home or in our case a hotel. In Durgerdam we believe in relaxed hospitality where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. A feeling of genuinely being cared for, carefully crafted by the art of anticipation. Here questions are always met with possibilities. ‘No’ does not exist in our dictionary and we like to go the extra mile for a smile, so that every experience is a memorable one. On top of that we try to do things a little better. Day in, day out, while having fun.
Rise and shine! Yet another day you get to work in one of the most beautiful spots known to the Netherlands at one of the best hospitality experiences around. You look forward to your rewarding (electric) bike ride to work (15 minutes). Once you arrive in Durgerdam, you prepare yourself for the day by having a nice cup of tea or coffee (freshly ground, the good stuff). After your moment of ‘me-time’, you join your team as the head chef gives the daily briefing. Throughout the day you have various tasks to ensure the greatest culinary experience for our guests. Working with high-quality products and unique cooking techniques. From the open kitchen guests pass by to see what you are doing, curious to know what that vegetable is. You love to tell stories about the unique ingredients you use and where they come from. You continue cooking, occasionally bringing dishes to the table because you also love to have contact with guests. The night flies by and before you know it, the buzzing restaurant returns to its calm. You clean the kitchen and its already time to enjoy that great bike ride back home. Curious what tomorrow will bring.
You in a nutshell
You are an excellent chef who is passionate about food. You bring your own personality to work but you share our passion for excellence and enjoy working in a team. You enjoy welcoming new people into our world and hearing their story. You don’t shy away from the serious issues, but you also want everyone to have a good time. You love to discover new things and have the know-how to adapt when necessary. You hold sustainability and hospitality close to your heart.
- Work together with kitchen team on delivering an exceptional culinary experience
- Engage with guests when they come and see the open kitchen and help service by bringing dishes to the table when needed
- Have great knowledge of the food we serve. We will help you learn everything you need.
- Occasionally you might have to perform a check-in
- Work according to hygiene and HCCP guidelines
- You are eager to take your culinary ambitions to the next level
- You enjoy working in the kitchen
What’s in it for you?
- Fulltime/Parttime/ 0-hour contract
- Competitive salary
- Great additional benefits (incl. bike plan, 24/7 mental health, 100% travel costs reimbursement)
- Steep learning curve, possibilities to grow with us in our other upcoming restaurants and hotels
- Opportunity to work in a restaurant with renowned industry chefs
- Healthy and fresh food and great coffee
- You will receive all round trainings like barista, cocktail making, wine pairing and host and reception work to expand your knowledge