Breakfast Service Team Member
An upcoming luxury boutique hotel and restaurant in the charming village of Durgerdam. Located just a stone’s throw away from the city center of Amsterdam (15 min), our unique lakeside hotel will have a restaurant in cooperation with a renowned Dutch chef, 14 beautifully designed rooms and various special features. We know that this isn’t a lot of information…but trust us…you want to be part of our opening team.
Who we are
We are an independent hotel with restaurant, and proud to be part of Aedes, an Amsterdam based property investor and hospitality company. How do we relate? Well, in short Aedes creates places wthat tell a unique story and have positive impact. Be it an office, a home or in our case a hotel. In Durgerdam we believe in relaxed hospitality where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. A feeling of genuinely being cared for, carefully crafted by the art of anticipation. Here questions are always met with possibilities. ‘No’ does not exist in our dictionary and we like to go the extra mile for a smile, so that every experience is a memorable one. On top of that we try to do things a little better. Day in, day out, while having fun.
Imagine getting on your (electric) bike and enjoying a great (15 minute) sunrise ride to one of the most beautiful villages of the Netherlands. Once you arrive in Durgerdam, you prepare yourself for the day by having a nice cup of tea or coffee (freshly ground, the good stuff). Once you get settled you check in with the chef and assist with any breakfast preparations that might be needed. Guests start arriving, luckily, they are well rested, and you get to be their sunny start of the day. You take their orders, make them coffee and tea, and help out in the kitchen as well. Some guests might have an early departure, so you assist them with their check out and help them get a cab. The morning flies by and after an active morning shift, you still get to enjoy the afternoon for yourself.
You in a nutshell
You bring your own personality to work but you share our passion for excellence and enjoy working in a team. You enjoy welcoming new people into our world and hearing their story. You don’t shy away from the serious issues, but you also want everyone to have a good time. You love to discover new things and have the know-how to adapt when necessary. You hold sustainability and hospitality close to your heart.
- Ensure guests receive great, personalized service and create memorable moments for all guests
- Have good knowledge of the food and drinks we serve. We will help you learn everything you need.
- Check-in hotel guests, show them around the hotel and help them with any info they need of the surroundings
- Make sure there is a smooth guest experience form the moment they walk in, until the moment they leave (…and when they come back)
- As part of the opening team, you will play an important role in setting up the hotel with us. This might be in different ways but means there is space to get to know other departments and increasing responsibilities.
- You are passionate about service and hospitality
- You are fluent in English, additional languages are a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Fulltime/Parttime/ 0-hour contract
- Competitive salary
- Great additional benefits (incl. bike plan, 24/7 mental health, 100% travel costs reimbursement)
- Steep learning curve, possibilities to grow with us in our other upcoming restaurants and hotels
- Opportunity to work on a hotel and restaurant opening and to be part of a new brand
- Healthy and fresh food and great coffee
- You will receive all round trainings like barista, cocktail making, wine pairing and host and reception work to expand your knowledge