Revenue and Reservations Agent
Located in Amsterdam-Noord, just a stone’s throw away from the city center (15 min), our 14-room boutique hotel and restaurant De Mark, in collaboration with Michelin-star chefs Richard van Oostenbrugge and Thomas Groot, offer a great place to work in one of the most beautiful spots known to The Netherlands. Low-key yet the place to be for both guests and team members alike. Don’t take our word for it, find out for yourself. We promise, the views will never get boring.
Who we are
We are an independent hotel with restaurant, and proud to be part of Aedes, an Amsterdam based property investor and hospitality company. How do we relate? Well, in short Aedes creates places that tell a unique story and have positive impact. Be it an office, a home or in our case a hotel. In De Durgerdam we believe in relaxed hospitality where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. A feeling of genuinely being cared for, carefully crafted by the art of anticipation. Here questions are always met with possibilities. ‘No’ does not exist in our dictionary and we like to go the extra mile for a smile, so that every experience is a memorable one. On top of that we try to do things a little better. Day in, day out, while having fun.
What you will do and learn
As revenue and reservations agent of a relatively new hotel, you are in the exciting position to help shape our Aedes Hospitality department. This means (amongst others) further developing our reservations and property management system in cooperation with the Head of Hospitality and the Restaurant (Hotel) Manager, and deep diving into the system to fully understand and operate it. Being a fast learner is a trait that will come in handy, as we would like to co-develop our hotel tariffs and special offers with you. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of- and the go-to-person for room reservations, supporting restaurant reservations, as well as groups and events inquiries and send out quotes accordingly. Your excellent product knowledge allows you to do so, and your commercial instinct helps to increase sales whenever possible. As the first point of contact for our guests, you are your charming self while accommodating them as best as possible, making sure everything runs smoothly but also a true problem solver when it comes to overbookings, guest complaints or other challenges. You are pretty much great like that.
You in a nutshell
- You bring your personality to work and like to go the extra mile for a smile
- You are analytical and look to improve wherever possible
- You have a sixth sense for sales opportunities
- You like to create the perfect guest experience from A to Z
- You are an eager beaver, always looking to discover something new
- You are hands-on understand that there is no ‘I’ in ‘team’
- You are quality oriented and have a strong attention to detail
- You hold sustainability and hospitality close to your heart
- You are flexible and can adapt easily when needed
- Be the face of De Durgerdam, and make an awesome first impression on our guests, visitors, and all internal and external partners.
- Handle all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accuracy and timeliness.
- Responsible for managing inventory, pricing, rate types and restrictions in our own PMS system and with external partners (OTA’s)
- Co-develop and be fully knowledgeable of the hotel tariffs and special offers
- Responsible for general enquiries by phone and email, reservations, correspondence, cancellations, modifications and updating guests’ history
- Ensure groups (buy-outs, room groups or smaller events) are dealt with in a timely manner and approved by the Head of Hospitality before drawing up contracts
- Train the service team on reservations and rate knowledge
- Share necessary documentation, summarize relevant- and distribute information to service employees ahead of reservations and groups.
- Report daily rate changes and revenue corrections ensuring adherence to company policies
- Maintain and improve revenue levels vs budget
- Analyzing available data and prepare reports on hotel’s rooms and F&B and give your advice and recommendations.
- Be proactive in the opportunity of improving profitability within the department at all levels (i.e. through controlling wastage, being responsible for the economy of all utilities and resources).
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Great additional benefits (incl. bike plan, 24/7 mental health, 100% travel costs reimbursement)
- Steep learning curve, possibilities to grow with us in our other upcoming restaurants and hotels
- Opportunity to be part of a new hotel brand
- Healthy, fresh food and great coffee